David (dblume) wrote,
David
dblume

Baby's first urllib2.URLError

If you subscribe to any of my syndicated-feeds-for-static-sites, you'll see a one-time false positive because I changed the feed's item text today.

For what it's worth (in bandwidth credits), Chuck Shepard's News of the Weird successfully returns HTTP code 304, and my daemon honors it.  So we've got bandwidth green credits to sell.

But yesterday, my daemon got its first URLError -2 (Name or service not known).  Geek that I am, it gave me a little thrill to see how the exception was handled, and to add a little code that'll further isolate the exception.  Whee!  I program all day at the office, then go home and have fun programming a little more.  I'm easy to please.
Tags: programming, python, web
Subscribe

  • My feed URL has changed

    If anyone here follows my personal blog with a feed reader, you'll have to change the feed URL manually. The old URL can't redirect to the new one.…

  • Progress on my Google+ and LJ backups

    Since Google is going to shut down Google+, I decided it was time to really make a home for my LiveJournal backup and my Google+ backup. Working…

  • In Case of Link-Rot

    If anything should happen to this journal, a backup of it should eventually appear at this location. I don't expect or plan for anything to happen…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments